“People come for the Food. They return for the Service” –– Tom Colicchio, on “Top Chef”
Mystery Shopping Services:
- restaurant openings
- ongoing quality assurance (most clients do monthly shops)
- auto dealerships
Customers have expectations prior to entering. The higher the prices, the higher the expectations. To foster repeat business, operators must meet, and perhaps exceed, customer expectations.
i-SPY provides actionable data gathered during a meal, experienced by your typical customer, for: telephone administration, greeting staff, service staff, bartenders, managers, housekeeping and atmosphere, and food.
Why invest in a Mystery Shopping program?
OUR FORMULA: enhance and create more positive customer experiences PLUS maximize potential sales opportunities EQUALS increased revenue. i-SPY measures how your staff is implementing your standards of procedure. We are an extension of your ongoing employee training program.
- Service, good or bad, is the #1 factor cited by customers from a memorable dining experience. If a customer has a negative service experience, they won’t return
- Word-of-mouth + Social Media Websites are the primary sources of referrals. 95% of patrons will not communicate a negative experience to an employee. 100% will spread negativity to friends, coworkers and family, many on websites like Yelp
- Reduce the cost of attracting new customers. Focus on the level of hospitality provided to your current patrons
- Keep staff “on their toes”. The next person served may be a “mystery shopper”. Increase the likelihood staff follows your standards of service
- Decrease the cost of hiring + training new employees. Your front of house staff will have heightened understanding of expectations and accountability. They’ll earn more money learning ways to enhance the customer experience and maximize potential sales opportunities. A happier and more productive workforce decreases turnover
i-SPY reports include:
- YTD scoring by location, company and peer comparison
- Custom templates based on your standards of procedure
- METRICS for each standard of procedure, highlighting strengths and weaknesses by location
- Corporate charting – month to month scoring for all locations
- Pictures of food and beverages
- Call to Action lists: how the staff could have enhanced the customer experience and maximized on potential sales opportunities
- Mystery Shopper Subjective Summary of the customer experience
training to be an i-SPY Mystery Shopper
- Our shoppers are Independent Contractors
- Applicants sign an Independent Contractor Agreement (ICA) before offered a tryout assignment. The ICA states info gathered is for our clients and forbidden from public consumption
- Applicants who meet our criteria may be offered a tryout, allowing us to test for accuracy
- We match mystery shoppers for assignments to reflect your typical customer
- Typical assignments are for the mystery shopper plus one guest
- Custom manual for each restaurant with explicit assignment instructions
- Orders as your typical customer. If a party for two normally orders a pizza, an appetizer and wine, that is what we order during an assignment
- Reports submitted within 24 hours so the data is fresh
Trendsetting operators and celebrity chefs are on the cutting edge of food and design. They are typically successful — nobody is 100% successful! — as they appreciate the importance of hospitality. Our reports become a part of your executive team’s ongoing employee training program.
High-end establishments court those celebrating an occasion, foodies and critics, and travel guides such as Michelin. Think Barclay Prime in Philadelphia, French Laundry in CA, Le CouCou in NYC. Owners appreciate the clout they carry. Our team understands critical standards evaluators of such guides inspect for. This could be the difference between a One-Star, Two-Star or Three-Star rating. In 2020 only five NYC restaurants earned three stars from Michelin.
Fast Casual + QSR
Franchises and chains position a casual concept in numerous markets. Corporate success is based on each location’s ability to follow standards of procedure and consistently prepare food. Our reports provide measurable data to compare stores and may be used as part of employee bonus programs.